Cheryl Hodges Dunlap

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wolfscratch

Appreciation : 1

PostSubject: Cheryl Hodges Dunlap   Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:50 pm

CP Wolfscratch

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/44288468#44288468 Dateline NBC
Good morning! For those of you who missed Friday night's 'Mystery on Blood Mountain' with Dennis Murphy, you can now watch the full episode online belo
www.msnbc.msn.com

WS

Last edited by Wolfscratch on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfscratch

PostSubject: Re: Cheryl Hodges Dunlap   Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:03 am

[UPDATE] Jury Recommends Death for Gary Michael Hilton NO Subscription Required - 'VIDEOS'

Hilton Sentencing: Jury recommends death penalty for Gary Michael Hilton.
Posted: 5:50 PM Feb 22, 2011
Reporter: Julie Montanaro, Amy Long, Jerry Askin
Email Address: news@wctv.tv; julie.montanaro@wctv.tv; amy.long@wctv.tv; jerry.askin@wctv.tv

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hilton Trial Heads to Sentencing Phase
Gary Michael Hilton Back in Court for Penalty Phase 2-17 Noon
Hilton Trial Day 9: Penalty Phase Wrap-Up
Gary Michael Hilton's Dark Past 2-18 6am
Gary Michael Hilton in Court for Penalty Phase 2-18 Noon
Hilton Trial Day 10: Penalty Phase Wrap-Up
Death Penalty: A Proper Punishment?
Hilton Day 10 Wrap-Up: Still in Penalty Phase
Hilton Trial: Jury Advises Death Penalty (as seen at 6)
Hilton Trial: Penalty Phase Verdict
http://www.tallahassee.com/article/99999999/NEWS01/110203016/”http://tallahassee.com/article/20110211/NEWS01/102110331“

Tallahassee Democrat Coverage(Subscription required)

Read our coverage of the trial

Hilton jury recommends death penalty (Feb. 22)

Sentencing phase continues in Hilton trial (Feb. 19)

Sentencing phase begins in Hilton trial (Feb. 18)

Sentencing to begin for Hilton in murder case (Feb. 17)

GUILTY: Jury convicts Gary Michael Hilton in 2007 slaying of Cheryl Dunlap (Feb. 16)

Hilton verdict may come today (Feb. 15)

DNA expert: Blood from items found in Hilton's van came from Dunlap (Feb. 12)

Jurors see, hear Hilton’s home movies (Feb. 11)

Judge’s ruling: Jurors can consider Hilton’s statements (Feb. 10)

Medical examiner: Dunlap died of injury to her head or neck (Feb. 9)

Hilton told LCSO that he ‘didn’t start hunting until September (Feb. 9)

Jurors see video of Hilton, deputy (Feb. Cool

Hilton trial progresses quickly (Feb. 7)

Seventeen witnesses testify in Day 1 of Hilton capital murder trial (Feb. 5)

Testimony begins today in Hilton trial (Feb. 4)

Read past coverage of the Hilton case

Hilton investigated for at least five deaths (Jan. 2008)

Police reports link Hilton to violence (Jan. 2008)

Hilton may figure in 2005 disappearance (Jan. 2008)

Hilton sightings reported (Jan. 2008)

LCSO assays, Hilton, Dunlap (Jan. 2008)

Hilton pleads guilty to death of Georgia hiker(Feb. 2008)

Officials collect Hilton evidence(Feb. 2008)

A glimpse into Hilton’s history (Feb. 2008)

Hilton indicted in Dunlap slaying (Feb. 2008)

Lawyers appointed to represent Hilton (March 2008)

Gary Hilton questions legality of extradition to Leon County (March 2008)

Hilton’s attorney wants gag order (July 2008)

Leon Circuit Judge Lewis to rule on sealing evidence in Gary Hilton murder trial (Sept. 2008)

Leon Circuit Judge Lewis seals Gary Michael Hilton evidence for 90 days (Sept. 2008)

Judge to decide on evidence in Gary Michael Hilton case (Jan. 2009)

Evidence in Hilton case public (Jan. 2009)

View pretrial evidence

Hilton case files heavily redacted (Jan. 2009)

Judge to hear more than 20 motions in Hilton case (Jan. 2011)

Hilton judge to try to seat local jury (Jan. 2011)

Hilton murder trial on track to start Monday (Jan. 2011)

Hilton murder trial begins today (Jan. 2011)

Read more: Live streaming video | tallahassee.com | Tallahassee Democrat http://www.tallahassee.com/article/99999999/NEWS01/110203016/Live-streaming-video#ixzz1FAT909kf
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfscratch

PostSubject: Re: Cheryl Hodges Dunlap   Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:16 am

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Gary_Michael_Hilton_Trial_-_Penalty_Phase_116396099.html

Updated: 7:03 PM Feb 28, 2011

[UPDATE] Jury Recommends Death for Gary Michael Hilton
Sentencing date not yet set, victims will present impact statements April 7th.
Posted: 7:03 PM Feb 28, 2011
Reporter: Julie Montanaro, Amy Long, Jerry Askin
Email Address: news@wctv.tv; julie.montanaro@wctv.tv; amy.long@wctv.tv; jerry.askin@wctv.tv

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hilton Trial Heads to Sentencing Phase
Gary Michael Hilton Back in Court for Penalty Phase 2-17 Noon
Hilton Trial Day 9: Penalty Phase Wrap-Up
Gary Michael Hilton's Dark Past 2-18 6am
Gary Michael Hilton in Court for Penalty Phase 2-18 Noon
Hilton Trial Day 10: Penalty Phase Wrap-Up
Death Penalty: A Proper Punishment?
Hilton Day 10 Wrap-Up: Still in Penalty Phase
Hilton Trial: Jury Advises Death Penalty (as seen at 6)
Hilton Trial: Penalty Phase Verdict

WS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfscratch

PostSubject: Re: Cheryl Hodges Dunlap   Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:35 pm

-From enjoyingthejourney.blogspot.com

Originally published December 27, 2007

'Friends of Dunlap urged to fight evil with good deeds'...

By Nic Corbett
Tallahassee, FL DEMOCRAT STAFF WRITER

CRAWFORDVILLE — Speakers at the funeral for slain Crawfordville woman Cheryl Dunlap urged her friends and family to fight evil with good deeds.

“We are not going to be in a cloud of fear or a cloud of anger over this,” said Bob Gladstone of the FIRE School of Ministry, which Dunlap graduated from.

Gladstone quoted the apostle Paul from the Bible: “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.”

Dunlap, a Florida State University nurse who also taught Sunday School, was reported missing Dec. 1. Hunters found her body two weeks later in the Apalachicola National Forest in Leon County.

No arrests have been made, but investigators have released photos taken at a West Tennessee Street ATM showing a masked man making withdrawals with her card.

Dunlap’s friends and family sang along softly to Christian songs Thursday afternoon in a packed auditorium at the River of Life Church.

Some held up their hands and waved them slowly side to side. The crowd stood and sang, which is a tradition at River of Life. A full band performed. Lyrics to the songs flashed onto two large overhead screens.

The Rev. Henry Jones, pastor of River of Life, and the Rev. Keith Collins, who knew Dunlap in Pensacola, delivered sermons.

Gladstone talked about how proud he was of Cheryl for all she had done to help others. He tried to comfort her friends and family.

“Like many of you, I don’t understand how or why certain things happen in this life,” he said. “And probably like most of you I can barely wrap my mind about recent events. But I do know this — that God is good and God will make everything right in Jesus Christ.”

Lori White, a pastor at the church, told the crowd that a few weeks before she went missing, Dunlap told her about a dream she had. Dunlap dreamed she saw the Lord stand up and extend his hand to her. White now sees the dream as the Lord’s way of preparing Dunlap for what was ahead.

“I know that the Lord was gracious and gave her a gift so that in her darkest hour, she knew she was getting ready to go up and have a whole new realm of intimacy,” White said.

Collins compared Dunlap to a “martyr,” whose blood is the seed of the church. Even with the tragedy that happened, he said, “the enemy does not win in this matter.”

“Despite the level of darkness and demonic evil that fueled this act of violence, today the testimony of Jesus Christ and Cheryl Dunlap remains intact and actually shines brighter than ever before,” Collins said.

The service was followed by burial at Whiddon Lake Cemetery.

Donna Berry said her husband, Billy Berry, who was a pallbearer, went on a mission trip to Mexico with Dunlap about two years ago.

He wasn’t going to go because he was worried about back pain while hiking, but he changed his mind when he learned that Dunlap, a nurse, was going.

Dunlap brought her nursing supplies so she could check the blood pressure of Mayan Indians in the mountains.

Cheryl Hodges Dunlap, also went on mission trips to Haiti and China, Jones said..

Daffodil
Cp Wolfscratch

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfscratch

PostSubject: Re: Cheryl Hodges Dunlap   Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:43 am

In GMH’s Death Penalty Trial, The Damning comments concerning the correctional officer Caleb Wynn’s testimony on 02/11/11:

Most responses were that he didn’t wear a tie, or his attire was’nt apropriate, as he was competing in a fashion show, rather than testifying, and sharing critical-damning evidence in a Death Penalty Trial of a Sadistical, Malignant, Psychopathic Serial Killer for the Savage abduction, torture, mutilation, and murder of Innocent Victim Cheryl Hodges Dunlap…
Nurse at FSU, Mother, Sister, and Daughter…

As a Supervisor, He Overheard a conversation between GMH and another inmate (Fred Summers)
At Officers Station there is an intercom to every inmate’s cell
Correction Officer Wynn listened without GMH’s knowledge:

8/21/08
Fred Summers and GMH talking
GMH said for a life sentence he would tell them where the Head was and that the family would want to know. GMH was ‘Laughing’ about…

“I’ve Been reading many of the comments concerning the correctional officer’s testimony on 02/11/11. Most responses were that he didn’t wear a tie, or his attire was’nt apropriate, as he was competing in a fashion show, rather than testifying, and sharing critical-damning evidence in a Death Penalty Trial of a Sadistical, Malignant, Psychopathic Serial Killer for the Savage abduction, torture, mutilation, and murder of Cheryl Hodges Dunlap”…

Correction Officer Wynn listened without GMH’s knowledgeFred Summers and GMH talking . GMH said, “for a life sentence he would tell them where the Head was and that the family would want to know. GMH was ‘Laughing’ about itcontinued-
8/25/08
The only regret GMH had about Killing Cheryl Dunlap, was getting caught. He could kick his ass everyday for the rest of his life for getting caught.
….busy highway…Crawfordville highway

…when Cheryl Dunlap was killed, he had her for hours and a few days
He was very selective about who he picked….
The Victim was a Sunday School teacher and plenty of guys must’ve wanted her….

When asked by Summers if GMH, had gotten a Rush from the killing, he said “it was like in the Military, you have to go in and destroy the ‘Entire Village’ Like a Warrior”.
(end)

Gary Michael(Mack) Hilton: Serial Killer said, “I am a ‘Hunter, a Professional, a Soldier’ on a Perpetual Mission”.

Wolfscratch

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfscratch

PostSubject: Re: Cheryl Hodges Dunlap   Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:17 am

Juror in Hilton Case: "Death" Decided on First Ballot
Phil Reichert says secret ballot was unanimous on the first vote
Posted: 6:40 PM Apr 22, 2011
Reporter: Julie Montanaro
Email Address: julie.montanaro@wctv.tv

Juror in Hilton Case: "Death" Decided on First Ballot

Story 0 Comments Font Size: April 22, 2011 by Julie Montanaro

Gary Hilton arrived at Florida State Prison Friday afternoon to begin serving his death sentence. That's just one day after the judge imposed it.

Hilton's trial spanned three weeks, included dozens of witnesses and more than 300 pieces of evidence.

The jury had to consider every bit of it and now one of those jurors is giving us a glimpse of what happened behind closed doors.

"When we were being picked for jury duty, I really didn't realize he was in the room," Phil Reichert said with a laugh.

Phil Reichert says that lack of familiarity with Gary Hilton is probably why he was chosen as a juror.

In his journal, he described Hilton as old, bald, and somewhat unkempt ... "His eyes are a litte wild," he wrote, but I try to ignore that."

He says videotapes - both those Hilton made himself - and those recorded by law enforcement really started to sway him toward a guilty verdict.

"He was so verbose," Reichert said. "He talked himself basically into making me believe he was capable of doing something like what he did to Cheryl Dunlap,"

And the DNA evidence rpesented after that was the most incriminating.

"I thought it was very important that they were able to find some of her DNA on some of his things, if they hadn't clinched it before, they clinched it then," Reichert said.

"The defense, it's not that they didn't do a very good job ... i just don't think they had a lot to work with."

Reichert said he didn't place much stock in the suggestion that a head injury as a child or a Ritalin addiction had propelled Hilton to kill.

"I wanted to make sure we were being completely fair, we considered everything. It was absolute without a shadow of a doubt that he was guilty," Reichert said.

It took the jury three and a half hours to find Hilton guilty and just one hour to decide life or death.

"We were going to do a private vote and we all got little pieces of paper and we wrote either life or death. The foreperson, Elsie, got up and was ready to put tick marks under life and tick marks under death and she started opening them and she goes, well, I guess we don't have to do this. We all agree. I mean, there's just no doubt in our mind he did this and he deserves to die for it."

Reichert says that death verdict came on the very first vote.

Reichert says he was surprised at how stressful jury duty in this case was. The magnitude of that life or death decision and being away from his state job for more than two weeks really took its toll.

Cp by Wolfscratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfscratch

PostSubject: Re: Cheryl Hodges Dunlap   Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:06 am

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Cheryl_Dunlap_Reported_Missing_Four_Years_Ago__134941238.html

December 2, 2011 by Julie Montanaro

A missing persons report filed December 3rd, 2007 would ultimately lead to one of the most shocking crimes in our area in years.

Cheryl Dunlap would later be found decapitated and her killer Gary Michael Hilton would be sent to death row.

It's a four year nightmare that Dunlap's cousin has put into the words of a new book.

Gloria Tucker can often be found here ... at a tree planted in memory of her cousin Cheryl Dunlap.

It's been four years since Dunlap was kidnapped and murdered by suspected serial killer Gary Michael Hilton.

"The shock is something you never get over. The feelings are something you never get over," Tucker said.

Tucker has just published a book about the crime and court proceedings that followed.

"I'd start at 11 o'clcok at night and write until 3 or 4 in the morning. It was real therapy," she said.

She got her first hard copy of "Victimized by a Serial Killer" this week.

"When I first opene it, I thought 'It's Sherry. You know, I've got Sherry. I'm holding Sherry.' I was just proud I could put something out that told people who Sherry was."

153 pages document the unfathomable, that this could happen here, to her family and to everyone in the community who felt the fear.

It also documents her frustration with the criminal justice system. A system that in her eyes made Cheryl all but invisible.

"Sherry didn't have a voice in anything. The whole trial was
about Hilton and his rights and Sherry's rights didn't come up at all," Tucker said.

That frustation is echoed in her favorite passage in the book.

"When a tragic death occurs in a family, I think it is only normal to wish that you could go back in time and add one more comment or statement to a conversation. I would tell Sherry what a wonderful person she was and how much I appreciated her fine qualities. The State Attorney’s office did not get to see the effect Sherry’s life had on her family and friends. Judge Hankinson did not get to see the kindly qualities she expressed towards strangers. The defense attorneys did not get to see what a kind and loving person Sherry was. The jury did not get to see the unique individual she was, zealous for right principles, but coupled with compassion and love for people. The spectators at the trial did not get to see her devotion to her neighbors and her community. I could not help but think about how ironic it was that a life that had so much love and compassion could be snuffed out by a life that was so cynical and callous."

Tucker says she doesn't care if the book sells only one copy. She wanted to give Cheryl a voice and let other victims of crime know that there are resources to help them. .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfscratch

PostSubject: Re: Cheryl Hodges Dunlap   Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:27 am

Thought I would share an ironic experience that I had while trout fishing yesterday at Petit Lake, Big Canoe, GA.

Met two ladys from Crawfordville, FL. Both knew and were friends with Cheryl Hodges Dunlap, and one had a daughter that was engaged with Cheryl's oldest son. She said that the toll of Cheryl's death and the investigation, and the graphic, revealing, and emotional trial was more than he & their relationship could bear.

They both said that the book written by Gloria Tucker was a very good insight to their friend Sherry..

http://www.wctv.tv/courtcases/headlines/134941238.html?storySection=comments

Wolfscratch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheryl Hodges Dunlap   

Back to top Go down

Cheryl Hodges Dunlap
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1